Initial Disclosure Document
We are required by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), who regulates the financial services industry, of which we are a part, to provide you with an Initial Disclosure Document (IDD) to enable you to decide, whether or not the products and services we offer are suitable for your needs. In addition we are required to advise you on how to make a complaint should you need to do so.
Who are we?
Motoragents is an independent vehicle finance broker, not a lender, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our Financial Conduct Authority Firm Reference Number is 723954, which can be verified by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768 or by viewing the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk.
What do we Offer?
We offer a range of vehicle leasing facilities through a panel of carefully selected third party lenders from whom we may receive an introductory fee or commission. We will not offer facilities from lenders outside of this panel.
What Services will we provide you with?
We will provide you with either comparable details of firms most appropriate to your lending requirements or general information relating to finance products. In assessing your requirements we may seek information about your personal circumstances and objectives to enable us to identify your needs. It is important that you provide us with accurate and relevant information enabling us to hone down the selection of firms offered, from which you can more easily make your choice.
What do we charge for our Services?
We charge an Administration Fee of up to £199.99 which is payable at order stage, once acceptable finance has been obtained, as a contribution to the costs incurred in processing the vehicle finance agreement. This will be clearly shown on the order form.
Confidentiality and Data Protection
Throughout the process of obtaining finance for your vehicle agreement we will need to collect personal information from you and pass this information onto one or more third party lenders to enable them to make a credit decision. We will not disclose your personal details outside of this group of lenders. We are able to supply a comprehensive list of lenders by request.
Other Finance Facilities
You may be able to obtain finance for your purchase from other lenders and you are encouraged to seek alternative quotations and details of their products by researching on the high street, in the media and online.
Treating Customers Fairly
Motoragents are fully committed to providing customers with an excellent level of service and treating customers fairly. Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is one of the cornerstone principles laid down by the Financial Conduct Authority. This guiding principle is sub-divided into six key elements which dictate the way in which we deal with our customers in terms of communication, expectations, level of service and the products and services we offer.
The six guiding principle elements are:-
- Consumers are confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
- Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market place are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
- Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their needs and circumstances.
- Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
- Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit claims or make a complaint.
In practical terms we adhere to the above principles by:
- Listening to our customers to understand their needs.
- Offering only market products which are appropriately targeted, clear, and unambiguous and highlight the risks and conditions as well as the key features and benefits.
- Ensuring Customers understand any risks associated with products and services.
- Ensuring services are delivered to customers openly, with clarity and transparency and do not contain hidden conditions or complex definitions.
- When, in the event of providing advice, that the advice given takes into account the customers needs and circumstances.
- The customer’s privacy seriously and ensuring that members of staff are trained to follow the rules in relation to data protection and to keep customers details secure and confidential.
- Taking complaints seriously and dealing with them promptly, learning from them and modifying operations and processes where necessary.
Our Complaints Procedure
This procedure explains how we will deal with your complaint.
What is a complaint?
Any informal or formal complaint can be made if you are unhappy with the following:-
- The delivery and quality of services received pre and post-delivery of a vehicle
- The delivery of a vehicle
- Any other matters relating to Leasing Options Limited
How to make a complaint
Stage 1 – We would like to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. Most difficulties can be resolved at an early stage by talking informally with Chris Taylor on 01925 212318
Stage 2 -If you feel the problem is still not resolved to your satisfaction, please request our formal complaints form and forward it with a covering letter/email addressed to Chris Taylor as specified in the contact section below. To help us assess your complaint please provide the following information:
- Your name and contact details
- Details of your complaint
- An explanation of the steps you have already taken to try to resolve the complaint
- What would you like us to do to make it right
You should keep copies of all information submitted for your records.
What happens next?
You should expect an acknowledgement of your complaint within 5 working days of submitting a completed formal complaints form and a full written response within 28 days. If this is not possible we will keep you informed in writing of the progress being made towards the consideration of your complaint.
We aim to resolve all complaints within 15 working days of your initial contact.
If you remain unsatisfied with a decision taken in respect of a complaint or appeal you may contact the financial Ombudsman on 0800 0234567.
Consumer credit customers should note that in some instances due to Data Protection rules we may need to refer you directly to the finance provider, we will advise you of this if it applies to you.
Consumer credit customers also have the legal right to refer unresolved disputes to the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months from the date of the final decision provided to you.
How to contact us
Complaints in writing to: Jane Taylor
Mail: Motoragents, Brook Farm, Swineyard Lane, High Legh, Chehsire, WA16 0SD
Telephone: 01925 212318
Financial Conduct Authority: 25 The North Colonade, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5HS. Tel 0207 066 1000